Friday, August 24, 2007

My Day So Far

Definitely there are good days and bad days when you are a stay at home mom with two pre-school aged children. Let me illustrate by giving a glimpse of my day:

8:30 My daughter wakes me up. I'm recovering from cold that is threatening to get worse and am worse for the wear.

8:35 I go to get my son. My daughter protests about this.

8:45 I start to make breakfast. My daughter asks for "eggy-loos".

9:00 I serve breakfast. My daughter informs me that eggs are "yucky".

9:30 I check my email.

10:00 *Still* checking email. Because I'm looking for a job as a librarian and apparently won't even be considered if I don't keep up with the profession, I subscribe to several professional blogs and listservs. Where do people find the time to post this stuff!!!!!!!!

10:30 I gather up my daughters supplies to take to preschool open house this afternoon.

10:45 Take out meet for dinner. All that is available is large packages of chicken and ground beef.

11:00 Have bath so I don't frighten daughter's teachers.

11:30 Try to get children into bath. Unfortunately "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" has just come on so daughter does not comply.

11:50 "Maggie and Ferocious Beast" finished so daughter comes up for bath.

12:10 Kids won't come out of bath.

12:20 Kids finally come out.

12:30 Kids fight for snuggles.

12:40 Go downstairs to make lunch. Daughter requests macaroni and cheese "long on the side"Try to hurry so I can take kids to Target and library depending on when Schwan's man. comes.

12:45 Discover that son has painted dining room floor with lemonade and salt.

12:50 Mop dining room floor. Dining room floor needs vacuuming. Vacuum dining room and living room. Find that daughter has taken out every single Lincoln log.

1:05 Serve lunch. Am told that I used "wrong" macaroni.

1:30 Chicken still frozen solid. Consider buying dinner kit from Schwan's man when he comes.

2:30 Still waiting for Schwan's man. Consider buying nothing from him this month to spite him much to dismay of my children who would like me to buy 1,000 gallons of "Summers Dream" ice cream.

3:00 Schwan's man still not here. Partially thawed chicken for supper it is.....

9:00 P.M. Boys oh boys, here's the Schwan's man!

No comments: