Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My little Fairy

My son has always been one to develop a clothing fascination. Last week he wanted to wear his Miss Spider rain boots with everything. This week he is wearing a fairy Tutu I made for his sister for Halloween two years ago. So cute. It reminds me of a story a friend told me that she heard on Bill O'Reilly. Bill claimed that some parents of a young boy who liked to dress up in girls clothing decided that their son was a transvestite and convince the school to treat him like one. Typical Bill story. Take one case, which may or may not be true, blow it way out of proportion and use it as an example of the decline of family values in our civilization. Really, I think what happens much more often is that parents blow these innocent little phases out of proportion in the other direction. Right now, I think a T-shirt with a tutu with the all important addition of Thomas the Tank engine sneakers is a good look for my son, just like underpants and rain boots were during the "rain boot phase".

No comments: